My affordable home office

Here is my practical, cute and affordable home office. Part of the living room and furnished with IKEA products.






It all started with the FINNVARD white trestle with shelf from IKEA


ikea.com

As I needed a height adjustable desk that can be used for multiple purposes like arts and crafts as well as computer desk, this trestle was perfect. Also the most affordable option you can find at IKEA is you want a standing desk.

For the table top I present you LINNMON by IKEA
ikea.com

The reason I chose this the table top is not that is the most affordable one from IKEA but because it is very light and easy to maneuver when changing the height of the desk. On a dark colour so that it brings some contrast to all the white elements in the room. And the 3.4 cm thickness gives the impression that it is hard wood.

LILLHOJDEN swivel chair


ikea.com

I chose this swivel chair in white as it matches the living room design and EKTORP white sofa. Yes, white gets stained or dirty pretty fast, but both the chair and the sofa have removable covers that can be washed (important factor for any neat freak like me). And for the chair I couldn't forget the floor protection.

For storage, here stands tall RÖNNSKÄR corner shelf!


ikea.com

This product can be found in the bathroom storage section at IKEA, but I think that the RÖNNSKÄR shelf unit can fit perfectly in any corner of the house.
I chose this style as I love the wrought iron look of it and I also have some similar elements in the living room (candle holders & light fixtures).

Not very visible in the photo but an amazing and innovative IKEA product HÅRTE LED lamp


ikea.com

Beautifully designed by Carl Öjerstam it gives a warm white light that can be redirected easily. Also very practical is that the lamp can be powered through the USB port of the computer as well as ordinary power socket. And the price is fantastic.

For decor and also to hide the many stationary products and papers: FLUNS white magazine file and TJENA storage boxes (placed on the very handy trestle shelf).


ikea.com

On the wall a very classic cork noticeboard surrounded by some other IKEA pictures that are now out of the range. 


ikea.com

That's all folks, my home office snapshot.